Hey guys and gals! Many of you already know this, but for those who don't, I'm doing the Susan J. Komen run on Monday to fight cancer (ostensibly it's for breast cancer, and most of the people I'm doing it in honor of are breast cancer victims/survivors, but I agree with Carolyn in that cancer is cancer). Anyway, if you wish to support me, Here's the link to do so.
Had I thought about this earlier, I would have supplied the link to join us in the run, but that whole far-sighted thing is not my forte.
A little history as to why I'm doing this. Some of you may remember that I lost my oma (grandmother in German) in 2005 to breast cancer. We were looking for a way to honor her memory when my mom came across this race. Recently I also found that one of my aunts survived breast cancer, and a relative (aunt-in-law I guess) did not. So here we are.
Also! Andrea's doing the race. You can support her at this very link
. She needs it more than I do, but if you could help one or both, it would be fantastically appreciated. Thanks much!
And because they deserve mention, thanks to Coz, Lemur, Haney, my Aunt Patty, and the De Luca family for supporting. You guys are teh rockz0rs!EDIT: I updated my goal from $145 to $200. Can we do it?
- Theme Song:Felicia Day "Penny's Song"
I am a sucker for guessing games. So have some fun with this one.
+ Pick 15 of your favorite movies.
+ Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
+ Post them here for everyone to guess.
+ Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
+ NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions.
1. Oh, I'm a perp? You see a young brother in the back of a police car, automatically I'm a perp. Look at my suit, look at my tie. What do I look like, the fuckin' Crip's accountant? Look at this badge, bitch. Check out the gun. "Lethal Weapon 4" [Daniel] 2. There's one at the same time tomorrow. I suggest you not underestimate the staggering drawing power of the Garden State, and show up two hours in advance. "Dogma" [Basil]
3. If the room should experience a sudden change in pressure, oxygen masks will drop down in front of you. Place the mask over your mouth and nose and continue to breathe normally. If you're here with a small child, please place your own mask on first, and let the little bugger fend for himself.
4. Afro Whores, 2:30. Afro Whores, 4 o'clock. Afro Whores, 5:30. It says in the morning you watched The Grinch for ten minutes and then switched back over to Afro Whores."Rat Race" [D'Arcy]" 5. Wait... No! I mean, can't we just, like, kick this old school? Like, I have the baby, put it in a basket and send it your way, like, Moses and the reeds?"Juno" [Basil] 6. No sir, I'm not playing hard to get. I'm telling you, its not that kind of phone line!"TMNT" [Toni, then Daniel] 7. Mankind, probably the most mysterious species on our planet. A mystery of open questions. Who are we? Where do we come from? Where are we going? How do we know what we believe to know? Why do we believe anything at all? Innumerable questions looking for an answer, an answer which will raise the next question and the following answer will raise a following question and so on and so forth. But in the end, isn't it always the same question and always the same answer? "Lola Rennt" [Basil] 8. It's a big stereo. Speakers so loud, they blow women's clothes off! "The Italian Job" [Basil, then Sproffee] 9. Curiously the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias, as it fell, was, 'Oh no, not again.' Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly *why* the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now. "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" [Basil, then Sproffee] 10. My people did not go through 362 years of slavery just so you could send us back to the cotton fields with $500 chips! "Rush Hour 2" [Sproffee - Sorry, Basil, but she was more specific] 11. I don't believe in suicide, but if you'd like to try it, it might cheer me up to watch. "The Simpsons Movie" [Basil] 12. All praises to the Playstation! "Snakes on a Plane" [Elysse, then Kelly H] 13. I don't believe it. He just stood there and watched them beat the crap out of me. Even a dog has got the brains to come to his masters defense. Bite them. Claw them. Piss on them. Anything for fucks sake! "Unleashed" [Panda] 14. You ever hear white people callin' each other "honky" all the time? "Hey, honky, how's work?" "Not bad, cracker, we're diversifying!" "Crash" [Basil] 15. I mean high school? High school-those are your prime suffering years. You don't get better suffering than that. "Little Miss Sunshine" [Basil]
Edit: It's come to my attention that this one may have been mostly ridiculously easy. Next quiz will not be so. Also, Basil, you have a freakish memory of movie quotes. Good job. :)
- Theme Song:Aerosmith "St. John"
Tomorrow marks my last day of CGS, and the last day as an NY Commuter hopefully ever, though we will see what the future brings.( Long personal rambling to followCollapse )
So the next few days are going to be pretty exciting.
Tomorrow is my last day of work.
Thursday I get some paperwork done at the new job, get a car, and go see Linkin Park with Drew and Roberto.
Friday Andrea and I are going to Drew.
Saturday hopefully Coz and Sara will be joining us in HP (no definites yet...)
Sunday Paintball with Dad, Drew, Andrea, hopefully Coz and Sara, and Mike from MCC.
Monday new job!!!
Never a dull moment!
Now to end this with a brand new Ry Recommends!( Ry RecommendsCollapse )
That's all for now. Peace!
What? I was tagged? Well my lovely Andrea tagged me so I guess that I can not be with the complaining. :D And besides, this is a good way for y'all to learn something 'bout me - if you didn't already know.( QvirkyCollapse )
Real entry to come up, with meaningfulness. I however am exhausted. At 10:40 that's kinda sad.
- Theme Song:Hurt "Thank You For Listening"
So I decided that maybe, once in a while, I'd come back to LJ. Also, I'm going to be mostly public. There's just not that much to hide anymore...when you're happy, I guess there's just no need for shadows. So this is a new old chapter thing something. It's going to be different. I don't know how. Maybe more meat than list. We'll see how this plays out.
I've been ruminating, and it's comforting in a way that most if not all of my ex's are in relationships now. Kind of a closure thing, I suppose you could call it. I wish the best for all of you. :) Not that there's anything wrong with being single, but I think we all need someone to love and someone to love us back. And if those two aspects can be encompassed in one person, then really, we've got it made.
- Themes:andrea, life, lj, love
- Theme Song:Kaiser Chiefs "Getting Better"